Sunday, September 1, 2013

Last Road-trip of the Summer


I love road trips. Probably one off top five favourite things in the whole world. However, driving five and a half hours by myself isn't as fun as it might sound to some people. Being alone in a car for more than an hour and a half is normally all I can take and have ever done. Until now. 
Friday after work I got into the car and started on my way to Brandon. That isn't an overly pretty drive at all, when you live in the prairies everything mainly looks the same. Four hours after work I got to my aunts house where I was going to spent the night. Such a beautiful house with a huge yard, I will for sure stop there again if need be. Saturday morning they were hoping to be out of the house by 8 o'clock and be on the way to Arlington but I don't think that happened since I left at 8 and not everyone else was up just yet. 
Brandon is a little out of the way for going to Winnipeg so from there I had another two and a half hour drive to get to my friend, Steph's house.  I made it in good time and was finally reunited with a good friend of mine that I made when going to school in Texas. After seeing each other everyday for about five months and then all of a sudden not seeing her for three, isn't that much fun. We all grow so close together and at the time don't think about how the year is going to end at some point and then most of us won't live close to each other at all. It's a bit of culture shock to all of a sudden not be living in a dorm with thirty other girls. 
Out plans for the weekend are pretty go with the flow, what happens happens and what doesn't then doesn't. We are planning to much but mainly just seeing what we feel like doing at any given time. 
Yesterday, we went to her cousins wedding in the afternoon and then just before meeting up with the boys for supper we hit the mall for some window shopping. I had never been to a Famous Dave's BBQ before so that's where we went for supper and then walked around Osbourne Village, they all say the weird part of the city. But that's where there are cute little dessert places and coffee shops so I loved it down there. After awhile of walking we decided it was time to go over to the Bridge Drive In for some milkshakes. My boss is from Winnipeg and has been telling me all summer that I have to go there cause its better than the Milky Way in Regina. I am not sure about that considering I haven't tried everything on the menu at both places. However, he will be excited that I made it there finally. 
It was a pretty great first day in Winnipeg and I am sure there will only be more fun to come today and Monday until I have to make the long drive back to Regina.  
Love, 
a.m

No comments:

Post a Comment