Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Youth Group

If someone were to go back to the youth group leaders that met me when I was in high school, they probably wouldn't have seen this coming. I didn't see this coming. But the Lord did, He knew that I was getting prepared to be a youth group leader this year. I have been to a few different youth groups, tried many out and never really found one that I stuck with. However, that isn't all bad, now that I can look back on those times and apply the things I liked to the small group of high school girls I will be leading.
Last week was the first youth group of the season. I think there was about 23ish kids out, ten of them being high school girls. My girls. Each one with a different personality, some very quiet, I am not sure they said anything unless I was like 'hello over there' and other girls I just ignored because they never shut their months. With all of that though, we ended up having a great time, some good laughs, a few serious moments and ended with a bang adding each other on snap chat.
As I look back on my youth days, I can see that most of the time I was the girl that just wouldn't shut up - once I was comfortable somewhere. Before that I was the girl who you couldn't get to say anything at all. So, I would say that there are a few girls I need to take some special attention too and others I should probably ask to calm down a little so everyone has a least a little chance to say something.
Now looking forward to the rest of the year with these girls I see some great times coming, some hard times, tears, laughter and days with tears and laughter all together. It will be a struggle for me not to want to just jump back to the days of high school and also a joy to watch as these girls grow in Christ.

1 comment:

  1. I think you'll do great! I'll keep you in my prayers, not just as a granddaughter, but as a youth leader...

    ReplyDelete