Saturday, November 17, 2012

Names

So, what have I been learning – well that’s probably one of the hardest questions to answer ever. I don’t know what would be a better question to ask, there isn’t one really because I have learned so much and have been enlightened about so much of the Bible and its characters. I wouldn’t say I am a different person though, some people go off to Bible school and come back saying they are a totally new person. I’m still the same little girl I was before I left; I just now have more knowledge about the Bible than I did before.
For example, I don’t think I had ever read the book of 1st and 2nd Thessalonians and now I have. I have done an in-depth 12 hour study on it and learned about how Paul starts his letters and how that is almost just as important as the rest of the letter. Then there is all of those crazy names in the Bible and honestly who names their child Ephraim. The answer to that would be Joseph, he would but that’s because names meant one heck of a lot more back then than they do now. Ephraim means God has made me fruitful and that was true for Joseph. We see this throughout the Bible that people would name their child something because of what God had done for them, not because it was a pretty name. However, I don’t think that has changed my list of favorite names in any way.
My favorite names are and now with their meanings  ::
Mercedes – mercy
Liam - determined protector
Bridget - exalted one
Hunter - hunter
Bentley - bent grass clearing
Sebastian - from Sebaste
Priscilla - ancient
Sanderson - son of Alexander
Love,
a.m

No comments:

Post a Comment