Saturday, November 10, 2012

Two Weeks

For the past two weeks we have had the same guest teacher. Out of all of the guest teachers, he was the last one I would want more than one week. His teaching style just wasn’t working for me and he was teaching on Daniel and Revelation (not Revelations as he would say at the beginning of every class). There was lots to learn from each book but it was so hard to stay focused on him. He never changed his voice it was always the same, even when he was excited, yet somehow we all knew when he was excited about a point. Another interesting fact about him is this is all he does; it is his job to go around to different places teaching these two books. So he has all of his notes memorized, every class and mainly every word on his note pages. There were some classes when he had a lot to get through and he would talk so fast. Overall it was kind of a long two weeks and it’s not even over yet since he is preaching at church tomorrow as well. Last week his sermon was pretty close to being the same as our first class with him.


Last weekend on Friday night, I went to a real football game. As in a High School football game with cheerleaders, marching bands and girls that did a dance with flags. I am not sure if the last one is normal for a foot game but it was still fun to see. There weren’t a lot of us who went from the school but those of who did go were beyond pumped to see the half time show – the marching bands. We were the boy team, Comfort something. I don’t remember which animal we were now but that does not matter because we lost by 54. The finally score was 0 – 54. Yeah pretty sad but I guess there always has to be a loser. It was the last game of the season so both teams went out with a bang for completely different reasons.
This weekend I don’t really have anything planned. There is now a paper for Revelations since we’re don’t the class and also a paper for Ruth due the beginning of this coming week. So at some point I’ll get those done and there is an open house tonight that I’ll be going to. I’ve also got a lot of reading to do, by the end of the semester, Bob, who is teaching 1st & 2nd Samuel wants us to have read it three times and write a one sentence summary on each chapter so I should get working harder on that now while I don’t have any other reading from different teachers. On Monday we will be having Bob for the whole day, all five hours because our guest speaker won’t be here yet and our other teachers are way at a conference. He is my favorite teacher but he is insane so it shall be a crazy Monday by far.
Last night we played a campus wide again of Strategy (it’s a board game that some of the guys worked out to be a ‘real person game’ as was said).  It was actually a lot of fun, the first round nobody really knew what they were doing but after that round the next two were pretty intense. And my team of course won! For two of the rounds I was bomb so I couldn’t die and I could kill everyone, it is the most fun person to be by far. During the last around everyone thought I was a bomb again so they would stay away from me so I could get onto the other teams half to find their flag very easily. Overall a very fun night.
Love,
a.m

1 comment:

  1. Annie Mae, there were girls dancing with flags when your Dad and I were in high school. Those football games are always fun, no matter what the score!
    Auntie Pam

    ReplyDelete