Friday, November 30, 2012

Count Down

Well, here we are counting down the days until I get to go home. Last time I was counting down it was until I was leaving for the Hill. Amazing how fast time goes by! I can honestly say this has been the best and worst three months I could have asked for and there isn’t a thing I would want to change about it. Everything was perfect just the way it was. It’s true sometimes I hated the position I was in – being away from my family and friends, saying something dumb & having to pay the consequences and then having to come to the realization that this is not my life but Jesus life. Those parts weren’t so fun but looking back I can say now that without those moments and a few others it wouldn’t have been what I needed or what I came here looking for. I would list the good moments but they are way too many and most of them are only funny if you know the people and the place and well everything. However, there are many memories I will hold close to my heart – the many McDonalds runs, chats with my roommates at night and of course my birthday (that was for sure one of the top five days this semester).  

So, what have I learned this semester? I know you all want the answer to that question. And well honestly it is hard to answer. I have learned so much and well where do I begin! Have you all studied from Genesis through to II Chronicles? Or how about Romans, I & II Thessalonians, Galatians, Daniel, Revelation, Malachi, the Ten Commandments or Creation VS Evolution? It doesn’t totally matter if you haven’t but the things I have learned come from those books so everything I think I can relate back to the class I was in. But I will try to compact what I have learned from those books and my amazing teachers into something that makes sense beyond my brain –
It is always about letting God live through me not the other way around. It’s not my way, my will, my timing but God’s way, God’s will and God’s timing. I can’t live through God – He has to be living through me. When we are living out the image of God then He is truly living through us. Once you are in relationship with God there is nothing that can take you away from that. God wants us, He does not need us. He is more powerful than anybody could ever imagine, He created the earth is 6 freaking days. That’s like maybe 144 hours. He said it and it came to be. Never think God needs us; people in the Bible have told Him no so He found someone else to do His will. Even then He doesn’t need us; He can do whatever He pleases. But what pleases Him is to have us. It takes God in the man for man to be the man God wants him to be. We are made complete in Christ.
So really everything I have learned was one main thought that was just repeated a hundred different ways. WWJD? Die. What would Jesus do? He died. We need to wake up every morning and die to ourselves so that God can do his work through us. That is what I have learned. That thought has been brought up a few times a week, it is something I will never forget and never want to forget. It’s a very simple truth.
Love,
a.m

No comments:

Post a Comment