Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving


I thought I was tried before this but no no no. I am exhausted from this past week, it was totally different week from our normal life. There were about 25 tables set up in the dining hall and they were filled at meals so that’s a lot of people. Things always had to be clean and we couldn’t hang out in the normal places and we had to look nice all the time. Don’t get me wrong though, it was a fun week, we had two guest speakers but we didn’t get any homework from them because they were here for the conference not for us students. The only week all year I won’t have homework! They taught a bit on judges, which we just finished about two weeks ago. The chapel was also packed with people and most of us students, unless it was your turn for doing child care, were sitting in the last few rows on the ground so other people could have chairs. Some students ended up having a lot of extra duties to do, I was one of those people but once the week actually got started it wasn’t that bad because their wasn’t that much for us today, things like the horse and climbing wall were open for guest but not students really. That was the week, it was a blast and thanksgiving meal was so tasty. Overall one of the best weeks this year.
Yesterday was my day, that’s right, I’m 19! It was crazy day because the conference ended after lunch so at breakfast the tradition here at the Hill is that the birthday person has to stand on their chair while everyone sings. Luckily I didn’t have to stand by myself because there was a little boy here and it just so happened to be his birthday too. When I got up on my chair I looked at him and was like come on bud! And then the rest of the day random people here were wishing me a happy birthday, my face hurts so bad from smiling and says thanks! I hadn’t planned on doing anything to celebrate but while I was eating my cake which my D-Group leader, Chris, made one of the guys was like lets go in for dinner and I was like well I don’t know and then all of a sudden I had a van and 6 seats to fill. So we went into San Antano for supper at BJ’s. So so so amazing!! I got the BJ’s Bacon Cheeseburger medium well done with crispy thin fries. Since it was my birthday I got a free dessert that we passed around the table and all got one bit out of. Over all one of the best days this year!
Love,
a.m

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you had a good birthday Annie Mae! I am so very proud of you!
    Auntie pam

    ReplyDelete