Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Year Ago


It still amazes me that ago this month I was an insane person doing an insane thing for a grade in my senior bible class. It is possible I have graduated from high school and passed that bible class with my insane project – it is possible and it did happen just like that. I couldn’t tell you what I was thinking when I decided to start that project and push myself to a new kind of limit for me. I probably wasn’t thinking since I tend to not do that at some pretty important times in my life. You’d think I would have learned by now that thinking is a 24/7 kind of a thing but I still don’t think it has fully soaked in.
A few of you might be wondering what was going on way back then. Well I decided to eat rice for a month to understand what it was like to go to bed hungry, only have rice to eat and watch other people with so much just waste it. It wasn’t until October 1st came that I realized I was truly insane, one of the most insane people around at the time. A month is a long time, I didn’t actually know how long it was until I went to bed hungry, feeling so very sick because my body was telling me to eat more but I couldn’t. I wasn’t allowed. It was rough to say the least but it was amazing to come to the end of the month and say I did it.
Note to self – think through insane projects and do more research before just diving in.
That was the month that I learned I cannot go without coffee. I love my morning coffee and the smell of coffee brewing in the morning – what a wonderful thing. There were many things I learned but that might have been hardest to get through due to the fact I was still going to high school full time and living life as I normally would but with way less energy to do so. I am naturally a happy and bubbly person but once you take my coffee away I just don’t wake up the same and then my whole day is just not right. I hate having a not right kind of day, those the worst and I had a whole month of them.
As bad as it was, I did enjoy it and I came out still loving rice. So it wasn’t all bad all the time. But it is something I wouldn’t think about doing again anytime soon. There once was a thought in my mind that I would do it every October but I destroyed that idea pretty quick after it came up. If you want to know more about my month of rice you can still check out my rice blog – http://makingwhiterice.blogspot.com/ 
Love,
a.m

No comments:

Post a Comment