Saturday, October 20, 2012

Lightning Fast

So this past week went by so incredibly fast, it’s not even funny how quick it went by. I honestly thought yesterday was last Thursday earlier. It’s a little mind blowing how quick things are going now, there is hardly any time to just stop and think about what you did that day. All my days have become like one big long day with some naps between them all. It’s insane.
 
Over the weekend I didn’t really do anything at all. We had plans but nothing really worked out so some of just hang out at the Hill and thought of all the wonderful things we could be doing but aren’t. I didn’t mind it at all, every once in a while you need one of those chill weekends where you can just relax and let your body completely rest. It was wonderful, it’d be more wonderful if I could really really remember it but I can’t. There is a chance that I went into Comfort Sunday night or maybe it was Saturday and we got some snacks and just had a bit of a girl’s night the room. There was really the only exciting thing from my weekend.
Now onto Monday, we got all new speakers this week since Kelly and Charlie were both away for the week – they went to teacher at other Torchbearer schools. We still had two staff teachers – Jon, teaching on Joshua and Bob, teaching on 1st Samuel. It is a little weird to be doing those two books at the same time but due to teachers schedule that’s just the way it is. They both have very different teaching styles as well. Jon was a high school bible teacher for two years and is a young guy with the cutest daughter in Texas. His classes are very structured. Then there is Bob, where it is much more just wild and fun. He knows his bible, it seems like he had every verse memorized. However, he doesn’t, either he’ll know the reference or he knows what the verse is about. Sometimes we’ll have to go and actually find the verse for him or we just move on from that point. I would have to say he is probably one of my favorite teachers we’ve had because it is fun. Though I’d have to say I learn the most from the guest speakers than anyone else here.
Our guest speaker this week was from Africa. As of this past year his family and he have been living in one of the Hills guest houses while he is going to school again. So he was a guest speaker but he’s not a guest in our lives since he is around the Hill and also church. He talked on Galatians, a book that I had read and loved before and now have just fallen more in love with it. For most our guest speakers I have been taking around 6 – 10 pages of notes, however, this week was very different at the end of every session with him my hand would be killing me. Today at end of his last class I counted my pages of notes and it came to a hefty total of 20 pages of notes all on Galatians. I hardly doodled or zoned out at all, sometimes I just have an off class where I can’t sit still and just need a break but every time he started talking I couldn’t help it but listen. Which is totally a good thing but just not normal for me. Either I am changing and growing up to where I can sit still for a fair while or else he was just an awesome teacher or even maybe both!
On both Monday and Tuesday afternoons we have off so Josie, Noelle and I laid on floor in our room for like the whole time. We didn’t want to move so we didn’t. It was so nice to just hang out and not have to respect other people while they are working on something since the three of us weren’t really doing anything at all. We may be read one chapter in the text book, but that seems like it was almost too much work for us.
Wednesday was the same old as it always is – breakfast, classes, lunch, outreach, supper, classes. It is the same every week, right now it is still kind of fun but I know at some point I am going to get real bored of that. Every week the same thing happens over and over again with no change or anything new really. Thursday’s are kind of like that too – breakfast, classes, lunch, workday, supper, classes. The only thing different from Wednesday is the afternoon activity – outreach to workday. I would much rather have two days of outreach than one day of work day. Not that I don’t like cleaning but the things we are cleaning I just don’t feel like cleaning normally. By Thursday I was so exhausted that having to do real hard work just doesn’t fit on the list of things I want to do. That list only has room for one thing and that is sleep. However, there is no way out of workday and this week my job got changed from cleaning the dining hall to cleaning all the public washrooms – there are 6 of them. I thought that there were only 4 of them but man oh man was I wrong. It really wasn’t that bad but I just really wasn’t into it however I was thankful for my practice from being a housekeeper at Arlington.
Then comes Friday, my favorite day of the week by far. It went by so fast, feels like only this morning I was hitting snooze three times on my alarm clock but honestly that was many hours ago and so much has happened since then. Since classes end early we have more of an afternoon evening to do things on. Which means Josie, Noelle, Courtney, Alyssa and I walked into Comfort for some antique shopping and pizza. We weren’t sure how long it’d take us to walk so we left around 4 and ended up in town by 4:30. We made pretty good time we thought since most people said it takes like 45 minutes and we for sure aren’t fast walkers at all. There are so many cute shops there but there was only one shop we wanted to go to and spend all our time in. The Antique Mall – where it sells hundreds of Antique. It’s crazy in there, feels like it goes on forever and there is stuff everywhere. It was very much fun and wow that pizza place was so very cute.
Love,
a.m

No comments:

Post a Comment