Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Hot & Cold

I never knew that it actually gets cold here, like honestly, I know that I have been talking about the weather a lot but it’s a daily thing I have to deal with. I didn’t think I’d need more than one pair of wool socks or that I would need an actually fall jacket. Like honestly this is Texas not Alaska, why is it getting cold? I should have been checking the weather for the fall instead of checking what the weather was like each day before I felt. But it’s too late now for that, I’ve just got to make do with what I brought which is much harder than I would have once thought.
 
It starts off chilly in the morning but by the time we get out of class at 12:30 it has sure warmed and then the afternoon is just hot. However, come after supper things cool off and it gets so cold out. I bundle up with my wool socks, slippers, sweat pants and about four layers of shirts/sweaters. I didn’t bring mittens or a toque but I probably would wear it if I had. Next semester is going to be even colder since January and February are the coldest months here so I will come back from winter break prepared for the coldness that waits me.
I feel like the worst Canadian ever. This isn’t like a Saskatchewan winter at all but even those winters I have a hard time handling. I just wasn’t meant to live anywhere like here or there. I need a place where it’s like fall a lot, I love fall. It is for sure my favorite time of year, the changing of the colors and the cute clothing. Having warm days and chilly days but not bitterly cold to the bone days and not having boiling hot days either and not having them right after one another. It is for sure the prefect time of year, I just need to learn how to prepare for things better.
Love,
a.m

No comments:

Post a Comment