Tuesday, October 9, 2012

7 Hoodies & A Parka

It has mainly been HOT HOT HOT down here in Comfort. I don’t mind wearing shorts and tank tops. It means that you’ll get a super cute tan in no time at all and well would be against that. But then there are those days where we go from one building with AC to the next building and normally going under as many trees as possible to stay out of sight from the sunshine. We also try our best to stay off of the grass because it is not very nice to walk in. Walking around without any foot wear on is not a very good idea but it is one of my favorite things in the world to do. When I don’t wear shoes I have to stay on the road/sidewalk but it gets so hot in the sunlight. Then my feet are burning so I end up looking crazy as I walked trying to keep my feet off the ground but still stay with my friends. 

Then in Louisiana it was also HOT HOT HOT. It was fun since we were working outside most of the time but then it was like oh man, we might get skin cancer here. It didn’t always feel as hot as it actually was and then there were days when it felt way hotter than it actually was. There was also more humidity there than in Comfort so it just made it always feel hotter. There was one day in Louisiana where it was so hot out and everyone was just sweating like pigs. I was outside for about five minutes when Alexis turns to me and says I look like I might be burning. We had hardly started to paint again so I got sunscreen and pasted it on. I hate the feeling of sunscreen but I did not want to burn so I did what I had to do. Then about 45 minutes later, Tyler comes with more sunscreen and sprays me down with his sunscreen. I was covered in sunscreen. I felt nasty. However, it was totally worth it. Now I have a very nice tan!

However, we came home to cold weather. It’s not really that cold but it is a shock to all of our systems. When we go from 3 weeks of super HOT HOT HOT weather to chilly fall weather over night, your body just starts to freak out. I have been chilly since we got home Saturday night, wearing as many layers as I possibly can without looking completely insane. Saturday night some of us had a campfire down by the river and I was so cold that I put on wool socks, slippers, long sleeve shirt, blue hoodie, and my fall jacket with a pair of jeans and my new Mexican blanket. I was pretty sure I could have put on more clothing to keep warm but I didn’t really have anything left. All my clothing is for HOT HOT HOT weather not this chilly weather. It was actually only +10 (I thought it was +15 but I was wrongL), while back home in Regina it was-5. Man oh man, three weeks can really change a person.

Title : One of the girls was said it looked like Courtney had on 7 hoodies & a parka because of all the layers she had on.

No comments:

Post a Comment