Sunday, September 23, 2012

Early Morning & Late Nights

My whole life, I would go to bed late and wake up early. It’s just who I am, it’s how I was made. But here it is much harder to do that, since I share a room with four other girls and I am on the top bunk. My bed makes a lot of noise when I move around, so I always feel bad going up and down it. I only go up if I am sure that I am going to be going to bed soon after, that way it’s less of a hassle for me and then I don’t make too much noise. However, when I wake up in the middle of the night and can’t sleep and need to get up and do something, it makes it much harder. If I was in a room with only one other person I wouldn’t mind as much. But when there are four and sometimes five other people in my room, I just feel like I am not respecting their sleeping pattern. When I am honestly trying my best to do what I can to help myself sleep. I went to bed like super early one night thinking that maybe I would sleep until my normal time but nope that didn’t happen. If I go to bed early I am waking up way earlier and if I go to bed late I wake up at 6:30 am like I have my whole life. There is just no way around it.
 
That is what happened last night, I went to bed way after the rest of my room and when I came in I still had to get ready for bed and everything in the dark – which wasn’t so bad. But I felt bad that I had to open my closet, go into drawers and climb up to my bed – the whole time making what I thought was a fair bit of noise. Before I went into my room I thought about sleeping on the couch in the lounge but half of the couch was gone because another girl was sleeping over and was it to sleep on in another room. So, I came to the conclusion I was going to have to go into my room, there was no way around it.
I don’t mind sharing a room, I actually love having roommates. There are some really fun parts of about it – like the other night we stayed up just talking about our lives, funny things that happened that day and mainly anything that came to mind. It was a blast and we really bonded as a room as we giggled. However, as many good times come with sharing a room there will be hard times sharing a room too.
Love,
a.m

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully everyone will get used to the room noises soon and will be able sleep through them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this is one more way you take after your grandma. Sorry. My sleep patterns are the worst ever. I love how you respect your roomies. Some people just don't care about others. Hopefully as you talk, giggle and bond they'll come to fully understand and respect you too. I love you! Grandma A.

    ReplyDelete