Thursday, September 20, 2012

Indian Tradition

This week’s guest speaker is from India. He runs the Torchbearers there, so it is amazing that he has the time to come to Texas and teach all of us. There is so much I would love to say about him but since it is all about his life, I won’t. All I will say is that he has been through so much and that it is amazing he is still alive today. He has the type of life people write books about, just the craziest and scariest things happening but through it all God was protecting him, even before he began to believe. That is the kind of testimony that changes live and it sure has in the past few days as we’ve listen to him talk and tell us stories about his life that go along with what he wants to teach us about the bible and God.
So, he has been going over Malachi with us. Which I thought was a little strange at first since it is the last book of the Old Testament and we are also in class with Kelly going over Genesis. We are learning in the same week about the first book and the last book. I don’t think I had even read Malachi before this, so when he said that’s what he’s teaching on, I thought it’d be pretty important for me to read it right away. Which I did and now am very thankful for since I know what he talking about and which verse he is referring too at times.
The main theme of all of his talks (by the end of the week he’ll have talked to us in class 10 times) are about how if God isn’t the first thing in your life all other relationships fail. We have to remember that God comes first because without him we are nothing, and we’d have nothing. I wouldn’t be down here in Texas if it wasn’t for God. I had other plans for my life, which weren’t what God was planning and he made it pretty clear that I was not following his instruction for my life by cancelling my England plans. But now I see that this was the best place for me to be, I have so much to learn about myself still before I can just jump into the world and say here I am. I also had a lot to learn about God, like yeah I’ve read my bible and went to a Christian school for six years. However, those cannot even compare to what I’ve learned this past week. I’d probably be fair to say that I have learned more this past week than I did any of my bible classes. Not that I had bad teachers or anything, I love them all and have learned things from them but this is all about God all the time. Here everyone has put God first so when he started talking about it I was like well isn’t that why we are here is because we are putting God first. However, as time went on I began to realize that we might be here because of God but there are still things here that can get put in front of God, like doing our homework, being with friends can both take away from our personal time with God.
Love,
a.m.

2 comments: