Saturday, September 15, 2012

More Info

It’s now time to fill you all in on my life, since I haven’t had time yet really to get all the details out there. I am in a room with four other girls from all over the world – one German, Sarah, one African, Marie Ann, one American, Noelle and then another Canadian, Josie. I am on a top bunk which isn’t as bad as I thought it might be. I have a closet and three large drawers for my clothing and other random stuff and then I share a desk with Sarah. Our room doesn’t have a bathroom as part of it so we have to go down the hallway to the shared bathroom; there are eight girls who share it. There is more than enough room for all of us in there; I don’t think all eight of us have even been in there all at the same time yet. But I am sure it will happen at some point. Saturday and Sundays are pretty free for us to do whatever we want, since it is the first Saturday we had a trip to Wal-Mart. Almost everybody came on the trip since most of us aren’t from around here. I didn’t want to spend too much money but I knew there was a few things I had to get and I only ended up spending 58 dollars. I have to go back next weekend again though because the photo area what behind on printing and wasn’t able to get my photos printed so they discounted them for me and I told them I would be back next weekend on the Wal-Mart trip to pick them up. So I have to go another week without any pictures of well anything up. But once I get them, my part of the room will look so pretty!!
Yesterday we got our first homework and it’s not due until Friday so I have a bit of time to do it. All it is right now is reading and then writing about what you read so like a summary I guess. Not too bad for the first while. Our reading is starting in Genesis and then going through the Old Testament from there. We’ve only had like maybe two classes and already there has been so much learning and so many like wow moments. This year is going to be filled with lots of those moments I am pretty sure, which is just super exciting! They have mainly everything on lock down like internet hours, no watching movies on computers and lights out time. It’s not that bad and it’s pretty easy to follow the rules but I am sure there will be times when it’ll get a little annoying.
Love,
a.m.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, the earlier comments are from the blog I did for Family Camp. Now I think I've got it figured out so I can comment as myself. Love you!

    ReplyDelete