Saturday, September 22, 2012

Missing You

Today I meant to be doing homework, since I do have a lot of it. But my mind to completely somewhere else. I am trying to write a paper about the book of Malachi and putting God first in everything, however, I can`t keep my mind on the task – the task of writing about Gods word. My mind is lost, in sadness, pain and then joyfulness too. I am all over the map today and for the longest time I couldn’t figure out why. I didn’t understand where I went when I stopped typing or while I was staring at my page of notes but not able to understand what I wrote down. Then it hit me like running into a glass door, it was as if i opened part of my mind that i had closed because it hurt – a year ago today I lost a very good friend, a classmate, a sister in Christ. I lost, along with the rest of my class, Acacia Tisher.
 
About a month ago was her birthday, and that was a hard day to get through too but nothing compared to how I feel today, the day she went to live in heaven with our Heavenly Father. It is a beautiful day in one way but then in the other it breaks my heart that she is not here. She was not here to graduate with us, to go to Japan and do everything else she dreamed of doing. That was Acacia, she was a dream, and she had big plans for her life. She knew what she wanted way before most of us had ever put any thought into it. Such a beautiful, Godly young woman, taken what I think was before her time. However, only God truly knows when it is time for someone to go home to him and when they are meant to stay here and continue living out their life for him.
I will never truly understand what God was thinking when He took her home. But I know it has made me and a whole lot of other people stronger because of it. We learned how to live through the hard times, how to take everything we are going through to God because He knows. He knows way before we ever see it coming. I didn’t see this coming at all. She was so tough I thought she`d make it through and come back to us at school. It was there in the back of my mind that maybe she might not make it but I never once believed that thought, I only wanted to see her smile again when she came down the hallway to say hello.
Hello Acacia.
Love,
a.m

2 comments:

  1. I remember when you called me that day - I was in Winnipeg and felt sick that I couldn't be there to comfort you. I'll be praying for her mom and dad as they pass this huge milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you're saying. I just lost my sister, your great aunt. It hurts so badly. I remember how your class respected and honored your friend at your graduation. It was so sweet and I'm sure her parents were touched by the thoughtfulness of your entire class. I love you.

    ReplyDelete